Number of posts : 44
City/Town : Felixstowe
Dates served : 74-77
Registration date : 2007-06-05
|Subject: IT Position, Plymouth based 24/3/2008, 21:33|| |
- Quote :
The Army Rumour Service website chain is looking for a full-time
designed / developer to help maintain the current sites as well as move
the business forward. This is a chance to join a small business with
great prospects at an early stage and play an major key part in its
The job will involve:
* The development and maintenance of the current sites (mostly PHP open source, also Java (JEE))
* Linux server maintenance - mainly upgrading and security.
* Development of new sites and software. Particularly important here is
a knowledge of new internet trends and technologies, and this will be a
great opportunity to contribute and try out new and innovative ideas.
The job is in Plymouth and will initially be a 6 month contract.
Salary will be £20-24k per year based on experience.
The position starts on 15th April
Candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
* Sufficient knowledge of web application programming (ideally
PHP) to be able to understand and extend existing PHP software (eg.
HTML form submission and processing, template systems, basic (non OO)
* Show enthusiasm, initiative and self-motivation.
* Sound practical knowledge of HTML and CSS.
* Good working knowledge of linux.
* Knowldge and enthusiasm for internet trends and technologies.
Beyond this base level the following are highly desirable:
* Some form of military experience; regular, TA or OTC.
* Web design talent and experience.
* Good PHP OO programming skills; ie. able to develop simple (or more) applications, rather than just modify existing ones.
* SQL (ideally MySQL) experience; SQL, DB administration, and ideally design.
* Apache HTTP server / PHP admin experience.
Finally the icing on the cake would be:
* AJAX knowledge
* Java knowledge. (We run two pieces of JEE5 software).
Email CV and covering letter to admin @ troopstotask.co.uk to apply.