Commando Gunner Regroup Forum
Welcome to the Commando Gunner Regroup Forum, please Login or register Now to see all the topics posted.
Welcome to the Commando Gunner Regroup Forum, please Login or register Now to see all the topics posted.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

29/95 Commandos past and present regardless of Cap Badge

RegisterRegister  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Cdo Regroup MainCdo Regroup Main  Log in  
FACEBOOK Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/19179909314/
The Commando Gunner Regroup meetings are held in the West Hoe Pub, Plymouth at 2000Hrs on the first Friday of every month.

Message from CVA rep (Rich Carr) Ex 59 Cdo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
markwalker
Admin
Admin
markwalker

Number of posts : 243
City/Town : Plymouth
Dates served : 1984 -2006
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Message from CVA rep (Rich Carr) Ex 59 Cdo Empty
PostSubject: Message from CVA rep (Rich Carr) Ex 59 Cdo   Message from CVA rep (Rich Carr) Ex 59 Cdo Empty7/10/2011, 14:21

This is a message from Rich Carr ex Cdo Engineer:

I hope you don't mind me introducing myself in this way but if possible I'd like you to pass on the following appeal on behalf of the CVA to other members of the 29 community that you are in contact with.

Dear all

I have offered to assist the Commando Veterans Association in the co-ordinating of their contingent at the National Service of Remembrance at the Cenotaph in Whitehall on Sunday 13 November.

Due partly to the advancing years of the surviving WWII veterans of Commando forces and the natural focus on the service at the Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge, the numbers attending the Cenotaph have dwindled to the point where it is entirely possible that there could be no Commando veterans on the parade at Whitehall at all. Last year the Association was represented at the Cenotaph by just four former TA soldiers of 131 Ind Cdo Sqn RE(V).

8 Victoria Crosses were won by Commando trained soldiers in World War II. It is a modest ambition that between us we could muster at least one ex-29, 289, 148, 59, 131, RM, Cdo Log Regt soldier to represent each of those VC holders at the Cenotaph on the 13th. Hopefully we could encourage many more than that to attend and pay due respects to all of those RM and Army Commandos who we remember on that day.

The current OC 131 has very kindly offered "hanger hotel" style accommodation at their TA centre in London on the Saturday night and I know there is an active programme there for the weekend, so it would also be a perfect opportunity for a reunion of old friends and comrades.

If you would like more details please drop me a line at:
rich_carr@me.com

I look forward to your support

Many Thanks

Rich Carr
(Ex Cdo RE)
Back to top Go down

Message from CVA rep (Rich Carr) Ex 59 Cdo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Commando Gunner Regroup Forum :: Associations :: Commando Veteran Association-
Jump to: